The Highway Code
BEWARE OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
- Leave a motor running in a garage.
- Leave the vents open when following closely behind another car.
- Leave the motor running and the windows closed while the car is parked.
- Drive with a defective muffler or exhaust system.
- Operate an air conditioner in a parked car with the windows closed.
MAKE THIS A MUST USE SAFETY BELTS
USE SAFETY BELTS
Safety belts are life belts. They help to keep you:
- From being thrown from your car. (Your chances of being killed are five times greater if you are thrown from your car).
- From hitting the dashboard too hard.
- In better control of your car.
Whatever your reason for not wearing safety belts, it is not reasonable!
WHY YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK AND DRIVE
- Alcohol slows down reactions.
- Alcohol impairs vision.
- Alcohol interferes with concentration.
- Alcohol creates a false sense of confidence.
Remember for the average person, it takes one hour for the effects of one drink (30 ml) to wear off.